Add a domain to Microsoft 365
Follow these steps to add, set up, or continue setting up a domain.
- Go to the admin center at https://admin.microsoft.com.
- Go to the Settings > Domains page.
- Select Add domain.
- Enter the name of the domain you want to add, then select Next.
- Choose how you want to verify that you own the domain.
You can use a TXT record to verify your domain. Select this and select Next to see instructions for how to add this DNS record to your registrar's website.
This can take up to 30 minutes to verify after you've added the record. You can add a text file to your domain's website. Select and download the .txt file from the setup wizard, then upload the file to your website's top level folder. The path to the file should look similar to: http://mydomain.com/ms39978200.txt. We'll confirm you own the domain by finding the file on your website
Choose how you want to make the DNS changes required for Microsoft to use your domain.Choose I'll add the DNS records myself if you want to attach only specific Microsoft 365 services to your domain or if you want to skip this for now and do this later. Choose this option if you know exactly what you're doing.
- If you chose to add DNS records yourself , select Next and you'll see a page with all the records that you need to add to your registrars website to set up your domain.
- Select Finish - you're done!